The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk
This site is provided and supported by Medicinechest Ltd for Spirit Pharmacy.
You can contact our DPO by wiriting to Medicinechest Ltd, St. Mary's Court, The Broadway, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0UT
Where enabled, the online shopping function on this site is provided by HI Weldrick Ltd whose DPO you can contact in writing, c/o Data Protection Officer, Unit 3B White Rose Park, Ten Pound Walk, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN4 5FB
- Spirit Pharmacy, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd take your privacy and data protection very seriously.
- Registration on this site is only requested if either online shopping or online nhs repeat prescription ordering is enabled on the site and used by you.
Medicinechest Ltd is your Data Processor for the purposes of providing the services available on this site - nhs online repeat prescription ordering and online appointment booking, the registered user information database.
- Where enabled our online retail sales are processed and filled on our behalf by HI Weldrick Ltd
- HI Weldrick Ltd is your Data Controller for the purposes of processing your online retail orders where shopping is available on website.
- Medcinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd privacy policies are available here and here.
- Your personal information is stored encrypted on servers in the UK and the EEA. Medicinechest Ltd may at times process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area) to deliver site and app services, for example to process email and push notification updates. Medicinechest Ltd shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
- We will otherwise never pass, sell or share your personally identifiable data to third parties except when legally required to do so or when you have specifically given us consent to do so.
You may review, edit, or soft delete your information at any time. ( Spirit Pharmacy and HI Weldrick Ltd are obliged to keep some data for certain periods of time for the purposes of patient safety, professional pharmacy regulations and NHS record keep and business processing and Medicinechest Ltd may also have to retain your data for those purposes only.)
- If you use the online shopping facility you will receive email updates on your order.
- If you use the online nhs repeat prescription facility on this site you will receive email updates on your prescription request and automated email reminders if you request them. If you use the MyPrescriptions mobile app for Android or IOS, in addition to email updates and reminders, you will receive push notification updates on your request and push notification re-order reminders.
- Every effort has been made to make sure our databases are secure. Your information can only be accessed by Spirit Pharmacy and trusted HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd staff and IT contractors. Occasionally, information may be viewed by trusted third parties such as Doctors and IT personnel for the purpose of improving this site.
- The site and app, our servers and third party service providers wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However, no data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- Your Community Pharmacist may use the information you supply to help in improving your wellbeing by informing your health decisions through advice, diagnostic testing and the management of chronic conditions. The information you supply here is important and will help Spirit Pharmacy, HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd understand your health needs better and improve the service given to you.With your permission only, Spirit Pharmacy, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd may in future use this information to:
- Update you with information on services relevant to you provided by Spirit Pharmacy and the NHS.
- Update you with relevant pharmacy and general health, diet and wellbeing retail offers
- Update you with any public health alerts, drug recalls and changes in treatment advice and also information relevant to your condition(s)
- Medicinechest Ltd and Spirit Pharmacy may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) in order to describe sales, prescription demand, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, suppliers, medical researchers, sponsors, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose depersonalised aggregated data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose your personal data if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- the administration of justice
- where we have to defend ourselves legally
- complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Medicinechest Ltd or users of our services.
Spirit Pharmacy provides medicines to customers via prescriptions. The prescriptions are provided either electronically or via post. Patients can place their orders through our website, email or telephone.
As part of the services performed by Spirit Pharmacy, we have access to special category of personal data - identifiable patient data.
What information is being collected by Spirit Pharmacy?
• Date of Birth
• NHS number
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Surgery address
• GP name
How is it collected?
All information is collected directly from the patient via:
• Spirit Pharmacy Website
• Telephone calls
Why is it being collected?
This information is being collected to process prescriptions.
Information is collected for accurate processing and dispensing of prescriptions.
How will it be used?
• To contact NHS and other Healthcare providers to ensure medication safety
• To provide medication to the patient
• To improve the health of patients
Who will it be shared with?
• All employees of Spirit Pharmacy
• NHS Prescription Services (for payment and audit purposes)
Where will the data be stored?
All data collected will be stored within the servers hosted in Microsoft’s Azure cloud. The server is only accessible to Spirit and is managed by us too. The data is also stored on the NHS N3 secure network.
No automated decision making is used with the data collected.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• Access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
• Object to the processing of your data where Spirit is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com
Accessing your information
If you would like to access the information we hold on you please write to Lisa Wakeford. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Spirit have appointed a DPO. This is our Head of Governance – Lisa Wakeford. The role of the DPO is to assist data ‘Controllers’ and ‘Processors’ to comply with data protection law and avoid the risks that organisations face when processing personal data.
The Data Controller
The Data Controller responsible for keeping your information confidential is:
Leicester, LE2 6UP
Telephone: 08008815423 www.spirit-healthcare.co.uk
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
The Data Protection Act 2018 requires organisations to lodge a notification with the Information Commissioner to describe the purposes for which they process personal information. These details are publicly available in the Register of Data Controllers. Our Registration number is: ZA493297
Further information can be obtained from:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 www.ico.org.uk